- This clinic is run by Dr. Chintan Shah, Dr. Mandeep Sidhu and Dr. Maryam Fesharaki.
- We accept referrals for all pediatric neurology conditions such as
seizure, epilepsy, headache, tics, movement disorder,
developmental delay, cerebral palsy and other neurological
- Dr Fesharaki has special interest in pediatric headache and she
accepts referral for pediatric headache.
- Due to high volume of referrals there may be waiting period to see
pediatric neurologists. But we are committed to provide pediatric
neurology services to the community in timely manner and we try
our best to schedule your child ' s appointment as early as possible.
- All new patients require referral from their family physician or other
physicians. Once we receive referral we will call patient to book
their appointment. Patients discharged from clinic but want to be
seen by neurologist again for similar or different clinical complaints
may require new referrals from family physician but we will try to
see them within 2 to 3 weeks.
- We advise patients to book their next follow up appointment (if
asked by doctor) before they leave office. If you are not able to
book follow up appointment at that time please call back to the
clinic to book your routine follow up appointment. Clinic is not
responsible to book routine follow up appointment.
- We also advise all patients to call our clinic to book follow up
appointment to discuss results of any tests such as blood tests,
- As we do not receive notification for patient ' s hospital appointment
for EEG or MRI test it is patient ' s responsibility to call our clinic to
book follow up after the test is done to discuss result.
- For any emergency follow up please call clinic and we will try to
book follow up within one week depending on doctor ' s availability.
Preparing yourself / Your child for appointment
- Explain your child about their appointment in simple words such
as ' you are going to see brain doctor ' .
- Be ready to stay in clinic for at least 75 minutes as many
appointments may take longer. Also we may have to
accommodate emergency appointments from hospital.
- Bring patient ' s health card and any previous medical records as
well as medicines with you. This will facilitate care of your child.
- For patients with seizure, tics or other movement disorder bring
videos of events. This will be a great help for doctor to understand
your child ' s condition.
Preparing yourself/ your child for EEG appointment
- We do perform EEG test in our clinic for few patients. This include routine EEG, sleep deprived EEG and daytime Video EEG.
- What is EEG test, For more information about EEG test, Click here..
- Consent to perform EEG test, Click here..
Neurology clinic policies
Cancellation and No Show
- Once you receive appointment we will send reminder call 2
to 3 business days before your appointment. If we are not
able to talk with you in person voicemail will be left on
number registered with clinic.
- If you are not able to attend please inform us at least one
working day before your appointment. Patients who do not
show up on their scheduled appointment will be charged
no show fees.. Also you may need to get new referral to be
seen again in clinic.
- Many patients are waiting for many weeks to see specialist
so please inform us about any cancellation so we can book
other emergency patients as early as possible.
- In neurology clinic we are able to accept prescription refill
request only if patient is seen in clinic during last 6 months.
If patient is not seen in clinic for 6 months or more they
have to call and book follow up to get prescription refill.
- Please ask your pharmacy to send prescription refill
request to clinic.
- Make sure you call clinic at least 4 to 5 working days
before so we can send request to pharmacy in timely
manner and you have continuous supply of medication.
- Though email communication is faster and convenient way
to communicate it is not considered as secure and safe for
confidentiality. So we want all patients to sign email
communication consent form before we initiate any email
- All emails are read by secretary and many of them will be
answered by them as advised by doctors. We try to answer
email within 3 to 4 business days so please do not ask for
appointment booking or cancellation via email.
- Consent for email communication, click here
For more information about Neurology resources,